The Complete Guide On User Behavior Analytics
User behavior analytics tools can help you to track, monitor, and optimize different aspects of a user’s behavior on your software, app, or website. As a result, it's no surprise that a lot of businesses are using them to understand their users, help improve their user traffic, improve user experience and increase revenue.
Have you ever wondered how exactly a user on your software, app, or website behaves? How can you make your digital product better at motivating users to take the desired action? User behavior analytics can be a powerful tool to help answer these questions. The purpose of this guide is to give an overview on what user behavior analytics is and how to use it effectively. This guide will also help you understand AI-driven user behavior analytics tools.
What Is User Behavior Analytics?
User behavior analytics is the process of collecting and organizing data about a user's actions to determine how they use your application or software. It allows you to see which features are most popular with your users and where they are struggling.
Behavior analytics gather key metrics and information about users' interactions with your site. It allows you to monitor user engagement, measure customer satisfaction and take proactive steps in improving your website's overall performance.
User analytics is also known as: visitor analytics, user experience analysis, or web analytics. These terms all describe the same type of analytic data gathered from web visitors using a variety of different tools and techniques.
Behavior Analytics software can be used in any business that builds applications, learning management systems, or services, such as e-commerce, and even social networking sites. It can be used for both online and offline applications, even though it is more common for online applications to use user behavior analytics. This process helps you better understand your customers' preferences, which helps you provide a better service and a higher quality product.
The following are the main areas of user behavior analytics:
- General overview – A general overview of how the application is being used by all users; it includes general statistics about the application.
- Single user view – An analysis of how every single user interacts with the application. This allows you to see what each individual user does on a daily basis within the application.
- Features – An analysis of what features are being used on an application, including which features are more popular than others and which features aren't getting enough use.
- Behavior pattern – A study of how specific users interact with specific features within the application.
- Real-time behavior – It analyses user behavior in real-time, allowing you to see how long people spend on certain screens, which areas they have difficulty with, what actions they take, and so on.
Why User Analytics Is Important For Your Business Success?
Analytics is an important part of Software as it helps you understand your customers better. Without data and analytics, you won't know how to attract new customers or retain the ones you already have.
The role of user analytics is to tap into a software's traffic in order to collect data. This data can be analyzed in a number of ways to gain valuable insights into the behavior and preferences of your customers.
This is essential for any business that wants to stay ahead of the competition and improve its customer experience. Analytics will give you information about where your visitors are coming from, which features they use, and how much time they spend on your app. It also provides information about where they got stuck, what problems they face, and even what device (mobile, tablet, or desktop) they are using to access your software or app.
This information can then be used to improve your software or app design, its content, and functionality for the benefit of both current and future visitors.
User Analytics can help you determine if your app is providing value to users, and it can detect problems they are having through key metrics. Proper analytics can help you decide how to best utilize your resources — the more information you have, the better decisions you can make.
Details that analytics provide include the following:
User behavior – Analytics can show you how often people use your app and where they are clicking within it. This information lets you know what users like or dislike about your product, as well as where they are having issues.
User retention – Analytics can help you determine how long a user stays in your app before leaving or uninstalling it. User retention is vital for apps that monetize with advertising, such as free games with ads or free e-commerce services with paid upgrades. If users are sticking around, then your revenue potential increases over time. If they aren't, then you need to make changes to keep them engaged and interested in your service.
App Bugs & Crashes – Analytics lets you know when people are having trouble using your app, which allows you to fix bugs and prevent problems from getting worse (or user complaints from increasing).
Software User Analytics tools make it easy to see these three factors at a glance and then drill down into more details if necessary.
How User Analytics Tools Work?
Most of us are familiar with Google Analytics (GA), which is a free user behavior analytics tool that helps you collect data on your website traffic, including unique visitors, page views, bounce rates, time on site, and more. Google Analytics is just one of many user analytics tools that can be used to collect data on user behavior.
Most of the advanced pre-built user analytics software and platforms have two primary capabilities – Data Collection and Analysis.
But data can be overwhelming; it can be hard to find the information you need. That's where artificial intelligence comes in user behavior analytics.
AI User Analytics can help you make sense of your data by processing volumes of data and extracting insights from it. This process leverages Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing (NLP) to pull out valuable insights in real-time from the volumes of data floating around us, including:
- What kind of behavior is your site or app is generating from your users
- What they like and don't like about your product
- Product development insights that could improve retention, satisfaction, and sales
How To Evaluate A User Behavior Analytics Solution or Platform?
While the big picture of what it does and how it works might be interesting while evaluating a User Behavior Analytics solution, there are a few key details that can really help you in making the right decision. When you evaluate a user behavior analytics platform, you need to keep the following factors in mind –
- Your Needs – One of the most important things to consider when choosing a user behavior analytics tool is understanding what you're looking to measure. Different tools are better suited for different goals. Some have been optimized for certain tasks, like measuring website activity and sales leads, while others are better at showing how people use your product or browse your website. If you're looking to track a specific action that someone completes on your site, then you need a tool that's been designed with this in mind. If you're looking for general data that can help you understand how users interact with your product, then the flexibility of a general analytics tool is useful.
- Data Collection – There are two main aspects to this consideration: what type of events are collected and whether the Analytics tool collects behavioral information on individual visitors or groups of visitors.
- Analytical Capabilities – How does the platform analyze the data? What is the technology behind it? What types of analyses are available—for example, descriptive, diagnostic, predictive, or prescriptive—and how they can be used to improve your site's performance.
- User Interface – How are the analytics information and insights presented and shared with you? It's critical that you find an easy-to-use platform that provides insights at a glance so you don't have to sift through masses of complicated reports and statistics.
- Implementation – The ease of implementation and setup is also an important factor as you don’t want to choose a complicated platform with a long implementation cycle. Something which will require you to hire experts.
- Integration- The platform you choose must be integration-friendly. It must be easy to integrate with your software or app as well as other 3rd party software like ERP, CRM, and Billing Software, etc., to help you unify all your data as well as ensure that there is a smooth information flow across your organization.
Qualetics AIMS – Our AI User Behavior Analytics Product
To those who are not familiar with the Qualetics AIMS (AI Management System), we are a Data Analytics and AI platform specializing in continuous Data Collection, Data Analysis, Insight Generation, and Insight Delivery to businesses. We developed a Software Analytics Platform that can provide you with a 360-degree view of user behavior and analysis for your software or app. Powered by AI and SDK’s available in various programming frameworks, you can easily integrate our platform with your software or app and get actionable insights on your users and how they use your software. For a free demo or to know more about our product, contact us here.