1.1 We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors and service users.
1.2 This policy applies where we are acting as a data controller with respect to the personal data of Qualetics website and portal users; in other words, where we determine the purposes and means of the processing of that personal data.
1.4 In this policy, “we", “us" and “our" refer to Qualetics Data Machines Inc. For more information about us, see Section 13.
- 2.1 This document was created using a template from SEQ Legal.
3. How we use your personal data
- 3.1 In Section 3 we have set out:
- a. the general categories of personal data that we may process;
- b. in the case of personal data that we did not obtain directly from you, the source and specific categories of that data;
- c. the purposes for which we may process personal data; and
- d. the legal bases of the processing
- 3.2 We may process data about your use of our website and services (“usage data“) in order to improve the user experience of our website. The usage data may include your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, hardware device, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths, as well as information about the timing, frequency and pattern of your service use. The source of the usage data is Google Analytics and Qualetics API. This usage data may be processed for the purposes of analyzing the use of the website and services. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely monitoring and improving our website and services.
- 3.3 We may process your account data (“account data“). The account data may include your name and email address. The source of the account data is you or your employer. The account data may be processed for the purposes of operating our website, providing our services, ensuring the security of our website and services, maintaining back-ups of our databases and communicating with you. The legal basis for this processing is consent OR our legitimate interests, namely the proper administration of our website and business OR the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract .
- 3.4 We may process information relating to transactions, including purchases of goods and services, that you enter into with us and/or through our website (“transaction data“). The transaction data may include your contact details, and the transaction details. The source of the transaction data is you and/or our payment services provider. The transaction data may be processed for the purpose of supplying the purchased goods and services and keeping proper records of those transactions. The legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract and our legitimate interests, namely the proper administration of our website and business.
- 3.5 We may process information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters (“notification data“). The notification data may be processed for the purposes of sending you the relevant notifications and/or newsletters. The legal basis for this processing is consent.
- 3.6 We may process information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us (“correspondence data“). The correspondence data may include the communication content and metadata associated with the communication. Our website will generate the metadata associated with communications made using the website contact forms. The correspondence data may be processed for the purposes of communicating with you and record-keeping. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely the proper administration of our website and business and communications with users.
- 3.7 We may process any of your personal data identified in this policy where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely the protection and assertion of our legal rights, your legal rights and the legal rights of others.
- 3.8 We may process any of your personal data identified in this policy where necessary for the purposes of obtaining or maintaining insurance coverage, managing risks, or obtaining professional advice. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely the proper protection of our business against risks.
- 3.9 In addition to the specific purposes for which we may process your personal data set out in this Section 3, we may also process any of your personal data where such processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
- 3.10 Please do not supply any other person’s personal data to us, unless we prompt you to do so.
4. Providing your personal data to others
- 4.1 We may disclose your personal data to our insurers and/or professional advisers insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes of obtaining or maintaining insurance coverage, managing risks, obtaining professional advice, or the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure.
- 4.2 Financial transactions relating to our website and services are handled by our payment services providers, ChargeBee and Stripe. We will share transaction data with our payment services providers only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing your payments, refunding such payments and dealing with complaints and queries relating to such payments and refunds. You can find information about the payment services providers’ privacy policies and practices at www.chargebee.com and www.stripe.com.
- 4.3 In addition to the specific disclosures of personal data set out in this Section 4, we may disclose your personal data where such disclosure is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person. We may also disclose your personal data where such disclosure is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure.
5. International transfers of your personal data
- 5.1 In this Section 5, we provide information about the circumstances in which your personal data may be transferred to countries outside the United States. Qualetics does not collect or ask users to provide personally identifiable information. Qualetics does not collect or ask users to provide personally identifiable information. If a user chooses to license any of our products we do require them to submit a form of payment and establish login credentials for the service which the customer provides upon registration.
- 5.2 We have offices and facilities in New Jersey, United States. The hosting facilities for our website are situated in the United States of America. All data storage and analysis is conducted within the United States of America. The data stored and the environment for analyzing it will not be transferred outside the United States of America.
- 5.3 You acknowledge that personal data that you submit for publication through our website or services may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use (or misuse) of such personal data by others.
6. Retaining and deleting personal data
- 6.1 This Section 6 sets out our data retention policies and procedures, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal data.
- 6.2 Personal data that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
- 6.3 We will retain your personal data as follows:
- a. personal data related to processing payments for services the user is opting to purchase will be retained only as long as the user has not canceled the service or the term of service they have selected has expired.
- b. personal data related to the use our publicly available website, none of which can be used to identify a single individual user, may be maintained for the purposes of monitoring historical usage information and for as long as its use may help inform predictive and prescriptive analysis that may help improve our website design and user experience.
- 6.4 Notwithstanding the other provisions of this Section 6, we may retain your personal data where such retention is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
- 7.1 We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website.
- 7.2 You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy.
8. Your rights
- 8.1 In this Section 8, we have summarized the rights that you have under data protection law. Some of the rights are complex, and not all of the details have been included in our summaries. Accordingly, you should read the relevant laws and guidance from the regulatory authorities for a full explanation of these rights.
- 8.2 Your principal rights under data protection law are:
- a. the right to access;
- b. the right to rectification;
- c. the right to erasure;
- d. the right to restrict processing;
- e. the right to object to processing;
- f. the right to data portability;
- g. the right to complain to a supervisory authority; and
- h. the right to withdraw consent.
- 8.3 Individuals can submit any questions, concerns, or make requests about Qualetics’ use of your data. Contact information is provided in paragraph 13 understanding that we cannot provide information that may infringe on the rights of others.
- 8.4 To the extent that the legal basis for our processing of your personal information is consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. Withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of processing before the withdrawal.
9. About cookies
- 9.1 A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
- 9.2 Cookies may be either “persistent" cookies or “session" cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
- 9.3 Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
10. Cookies that we use
- b. Qualetics, a data intelligence platform managed by Qualetics Data Machines, Inc. Qualetics uses “cookies” to help analyze customer experience issues and improve our customer experience.
11. Cookies used by our service providers
12. Managing cookies
- 12.1 Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. Please refer to your Web Browser’s support website on the best practices to block and delete cookies as per your system specifications.
13. Our details
- 13.1 This website is owned and operated by Qualetics Data Machines Inc.
- 13.2 We are registered in the state of New Jersey and our registered office is at 71 Autumn Lane, Skillman, NJ 08558, US.
- 13.3 You can contact us:
- a. By post, to our registered address in 13.2;
- b. Using our website Contact Us page at https://qualetics.com/contact-us/
- c. By telephone at+1 (510) 633-3834
- d. By email, using email@example.com.