How Artificial Intelligence Is Changing Ecommerce
AI and Ecommerce are a natural fit together. As ecommerce business generates vast amounts of data, AI can help them harness the data and extract insights that can fuel the next wave of innovation. Understanding their customers and knowing what they want allows the ecommerce retailers, not just to improve and enhance their online experience, but also connect with customers on an emotional level.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is slowly going mainstream and is showing its impact on various aspects of businesses. Retail and Ecommerce stores are also transforming as they find a natural fit in AI. Ecommerce retailers are leveraging AI as they see a massive potential of AI in their business.
Applications of AI in eCommerce
Many eCommerce companies like Amazon are already using AI for a better understanding of customers and their purchase patterns, automating their processes, and providing efficient services to customers. Let us briefly see how AI-powered, data-driven insights can help eCommerce retailers in driving sales, generating leads, and providing excellent user engagement.
- Creating customer-centric visual and voice search – AI helps in searching and sorting the relevant data as the data patterns are dynamic and keep changing every day. The image recognition technology and Natural Language Processing (NLP) help in contextualizing and improving the search results.
- Voice assistants & chatbots – Assisting customers, 24 X 7, in text and voice formats will enhance customer satisfaction. Voice assistants and chatbots, by leveraging NLP, are the new tools allowing customers to communicate with the eCommerce retailers through text and voice commands.
- Logistics – AI helps in efficiently managing the online warehouse operations and delivery processes. The physical flow of inventory generally leaves large amount of unstructured data. AI and Big Data technologies extract knowledge from this data to predict demand, eliminate shipment delays, efficiently plan and align operations, etc.
- Recommendations – AI and machine learning algorithms can analyze customer behavior on websites. They can effectively and efficiently predict customer behavior and provide relevant product recommendations.
- Personalization – Providing the right products at the right time to the right customers helps businesses in increasing their engagement rates, conversion rates, and decreasing the transaction time. AI provides insights for targeted personalization that increases the overall customer engagement rates.
- Demand forecasting & supply management- AI enhances the demand forecasting capabilities by giving insights into the current market trends, customer tastes, preferences, etc. It enables them to assess the demand for the future. Having data on when a product could be sold would provide the retailer with an estimation of inventory to be maintained.
- Enhancing data security – The biggest challenge for the eCommerce websites is to keep their customer data safe and secure. By imbibing AI and deep learning into security solutions, eCommerce websites can keep their customer data safe from cybercriminals.
It is clear that AI is changing the dynamics of, not just online shopping but, also, the way how e-tailers respond to their customers. AI-powered, data-driven customer analytics process data that a human cannot grasp mentally. There are certain key areas of AI that enhance the competencies and provide more sophisticated solutions.
Key components of AI
Key AI components that are driving the growth in eCommerce businesses are-
1. Data mining – helps discover knowledge from large datasets and mine the data related to past and present to predict the future. The technology identifies useful and meaningful patterns from the data.
2. NLP – focuses and helps in human and computer interactions. It allows the computers to understand the true intent of humans interacting with them, either in email, social media, or voice call, etc.
3. Machine learning – algorithms learn from examples or past experiences to solve the present problem. These algorithms are self-learning and use statistical models to solve problems using the data gathered from data mining.
With the latest technology and innovations in marketing strategies, AI in the e-commerce sector is evolving at a fast pace. It is changing the website customer experience by providing personalized, emotional experiences, and creating loyal customers.
Do you want to drive your e-commerce business with AI? Qualetics, our on-demand Data Intelligence platform can help you leverage data science technologies like AI, ML, and NLP, etc., quickly, cost-effectively and without much hassles. You can Book a Demo here to know more about our platform and how it can help your e-commerce business.